Sunday, August 17, 2008
EIOBoard Version 6.0 Release Notes
Active Directory Synchronization Enhancements
- More descriptive error messages when there is a synchronization issue.
Active Directory Synchronization Fixes
- Fixed where the application would prevent the server from logging off.
- Fixed where you could open multiple instances.
- Fixed issue uninstalling while the application is still running.
Application Interface Enhancements
- Better compression for reduced bandwidth usage.
- Ability to encrypt Chat messages.
- Settings to timeout and accept or deny changing Status when users Login / Logout.
- Company Settings for a Marquee at the bottom of the screen.
- Ability to view the Guest Log (for guest users signed into the Kiosk Interface).
- Ability to hide the "Customers" tab with the "Show Customers Tab" Company Setting.
- Ability to hide the "Guest Log" tab with the "Show Guest Log Tab" Company Setting.
- Ability to hide the "Resources" tab with the "Show Resources Tab" Company Setting.
- Ability to drag and drop Resources and Resource Types in the Administrator.
- Ability to specify Customer and Location for Status History on the Status History Review screen.
- Setting to require a Comment for a Status change, specified per Status.
Application Interface Fixes
- Support for International Date and Time.
- Fixed where Outlook Sync was not synchronizing long events because the end date was outside the date range.
Kiosk Interface Enhancements
- Guest Sign In and Sign Out for a viewable log in the Application Interface.
- Customizable Status View screen so the kiosks can be used to display users and their statuses when idle.
- Improved resizing logic.
- Option to select the default screen.
- Configurable Status buttons.
- Configurable Return Time buttons.
- Configurable Timeout Timer.
- Configurable Comment to be added to status change comment.
- Marquee Setting.
- Customer and Location selection settings.
- Ability to test Server address.
- Ability to turn off current Comment and Last Updated display when changing Status.
- Setting to change default Comment (which previously defaulted to "(Kiosk Punch)").
- Setting for the Auto Logoff time (which previously defaulted to 15 seconds).
- Door control support (additional hardware required).
Kiosk Interface Fixes
- Fixed issue with entering PIN (when required) if there is an error.
- Added protection against clicking the same button multiple times.
Mobile Interface Enhancements
- Ability to select a Customer and Location when updating Status.
Outlook Interface Enhancements
- Ability to change Statuses for other users (with proper security).
- Support for Windows Authentication (Customer Hosted (Intranet) version only)
- Ability to add and remove My Friends.
- Ability to modify to the Receptionist Comment.
- Integrated Chat (works with Application Interface and Outlook Interface simultaneously.
- Ability to save Chat conversations to Rich Text file.
- Integrated Help.
- Screen to select multiple users to Chat or change Status.
- Ability to send E-Mail and SMS/Text Messages to one or multiple users.
- Setting to detect Idle Status.
- Settings to change Status during Logon / Logoff.
- Setting to open the Update Status Screen or the Right Click menu when you left click a user.
- Customizable Return Time buttons on the Update Status screen.
- Statuses use default Return Times or lock the Return Time from the Status settings in the Administrator.
- Ability to sort by First Name, Last Name
- More filters for the Search in the Status View.
- Integrated Future Status options when adding an Outlook Appointment
Outlook Interface Fixes
- Better reconnect logic if connection is lost.
- Fixed where sometimes when a Status is changed it will flash from the old Status to the new Status.
- Modifying or deleting an Outlook Appointment changes the associated Future Status (if within the date range).
- Fixed slow load times for the Update Status screen.
- Faster Calendar Synchronization.
- Fixed where the Sync window would skip some appointments.
- Fixed Daylight Savings Time offset issue.
- Connection errors no longer come up during startup if Suppress Connection Errors is checked.
- Fixed where the timer does not refresh when Outlook is opened after being minimized.
- Clicking Search puts the cursor in the Name field for faster searching.
Web Interface Enhancements
- New Customer Report.
EIOBoard Server Application Enhancements (Intranet only)
- Ability to re-send emails.
- Ability to view the email message.
- Ability to view the status message for an email.
- Ability to view previously sent emails and filter by date and status.
- New server installer for Intranet customers, both for new installations and upgrades.
- New EIOBoard Punch software used to change Status using a scanning device through a PC.
- New EIOBoard Offline software for Windows CE devices to stores a local database for evacuation purposes.
- Company Setting to "Sign Out All Users at Midnight" that are not set to an "Out" Status Type.
- Company Setting to "Change Statuses to "In" After Return Time Passes".
- Limited support for International Date and Time in the Web Interface.